Having trouble with my first build..

Nov 23, 2018
Hey I recently "built" a new pc and I can't seem to get it to post or even start up. When i turn on the power supply the motherboard rgb lights turn on and there is an orange light at the bottom right of the mobo.Fans don't spin on anything and I have no clue. Ive tried running with ram, without, and one stick and switching slots. I can't figure it out and I'm getting very frustrated. Here are my specs:

Asus b350-f

16gb tridentz rgb ram

Asus 1060 3gb

Cooler master rgb lite

Evga 750 watt gold psu

Ryzen 7 1700 (stock cooler)

Solution
Breadboard it. Take the board out of the case and set it on an insulated surface (like the box it came it). Connect JUST the CPU/cooler, PSU, gfx card, monitor, and RAM. No KB, mouse, drive, etc. Start the system by momentarily shorting the two pins that the power button would connect to. (I'm assuming that board doesn't have built-in start and reset buttons) See if the system presents a display.

clutchc

Titan
Ambassador
Breadboard it. Take the board out of the case and set it on an insulated surface (like the box it came it). Connect JUST the CPU/cooler, PSU, gfx card, monitor, and RAM. No KB, mouse, drive, etc. Start the system by momentarily shorting the two pins that the power button would connect to. (I'm assuming that board doesn't have built-in start and reset buttons) See if the system presents a display.

Solution