Question Having Trouble with Nvidia Nvenc & Stream

accesscpu_

Reputable
May 7, 2019
Not sure if this is a hardware (video card) or a software (Nvidia NVENC) question, but here goes. For some reason, the NVENC on my Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB is locking me out of getting above 720p or 30FPS.

For some reason, I can get full 1080p resolution and a smooth 60FPS when previewing inside a program like OBS for example. But as soon as I try to live stream it, it gives me an error saying my NVENC is either unsupported or I need to update my video driver (which I already have recently).

Why is this happening and why won't NVENC cooperate when trying to get to 1080/60 in my settings? If I stay below this, it's fine (this happens on both Facebook Live and YouTube Gaming as well)

accesscpu_

Reputable
May 7, 2019
What's you upload speed?And I don't mean what you pay for but what you actually get when connecting to the youtube server.
According to youtube you need 4,500 - 9,000 Kbps upload for 1080p/60fps
https://support.google.com/youtube/answer/2853702

I regularly test and I do almost 230mbps down and about 12-15mbps up. However, I don't understand the relevancy. How would this lock me out from even launching a stream just because my resolution and frame rate are set too high? This happens on both Facebook and YouTube, and seems like it would launch at the very least and not behave in this manor (regardless of my up/down speeds). Now if we were talking about a lag issue of some kind or things being out of sync, sure. But this is specifically related to the video settings and Nvenc

accesscpu_

Reputable
May 7, 2019
Didn't have any luck with this over in the hardware forum, so perhaps it's a software issue.

For some reason, the NVENC on my Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB is locking me out of getting above 720p or 30FPS.

For some reason, I can get full 1080p resolution and a smooth 60FPS when previewing inside a program like OBS for example. But as soon as I try to live stream it, it gives me an error saying my NVENC is either unsupported or I need to update my video driver (which I already have recently).