Having trouble with wifi drops and ping increase on my newly built budget pc

Ethan_21

Commendable
Mar 24, 2016
I am having problems with wifi drops on my new pc that i just built. It had a dell 300 mbps pci mini wifi card. I had a usb wifi card that i got rid of because i thought that it was the problem. Turns out that it wasn't. My wifi doesn't completely lose its signal or anything, but rather it makes it's signal much worse. I went to my motherboards website (Asus H81M) and downloaded the realtek LAN drivers. I suspect that this whole thing is a driver problem. I have tried reinstalling the drivers, deleting them, and even installing previous versions, but nothing worked

EX: i will be playing cs go or something (it happens with all online games) and one second my ping will be something good, like 30 or so. The next second, my ping flys up to around 250 ping, and hardly ever corrects itself. I usually end up having to leave the lobby because of my connection problems.

This is not a problem with my WiFi. This does not happen on any other device, just my new pc. Also, my download speeds fluctuate and are about 2 times slower than usual.

specs:
Intel pentium G3258 OC to 4.3 ghz
Zotac GTX 750ti
Asus H81M motherboard
8Gb of ram (dual channel)
Seagate 1tb
windows 8.1

Thanks in advance :)

Edit: This only happens on steam i have now figured out

Solution
If you're connected via wifi and not ethernet, then it could be that the wifi chipset/wireless usb adapter connected to your computer that's connected to the wireless network isn't the greatest. If possible, connect with an ethernet cable. If you can't connect with an ethernet cable because your router is too far, try using a 100ft ethernet cable. Just give me some details if you're like connected via ethernet or wifi.

ChaoticWolf

Honorable
If you're connected via wifi and not ethernet, then it could be that the wifi chipset/wireless usb adapter connected to your computer that's connected to the wireless network isn't the greatest. If possible, connect with an ethernet cable. If you can't connect with an ethernet cable because your router is too far, try using a 100ft ethernet cable. Just give me some details if you're like connected via ethernet or wifi.

Solution