Question Having troubles entering BIOS

Jan 30, 2020
Okay so here's the deal

I need to enter my bios so I boot up my computer and hit the delete key (The one it says on the screen to do) and nothing happens. So I kept trying to reboot hitting delete and/or other keys such as f12, f2, f11 you name it. Nothing would work. I decided to plug my keyboard into usb2 instead of 3 and still nothing will happen. Lastly, I went into the windows recovery settings and went into advanced startup to try to get into the BIOS from there, and my favorite part.... there's no BIOS option. I've tried clearing the CMOS and am still not able to get in. Any suggestions?

clutchc

Titan
Ambassador
I've had that board (3 in fact), and it never gave me any issues getting into BIOS. As a result, I suspect the keyboard. Or the keyboard not being recognized soon enough. Which board is it? Do you have another board to try?

And yes, use the USB2.0 ports to be safe. Some older BIOSs don't recognize USB3.0 until the driver is installed.

Jan 30, 2020
I've had that board (3 in fact), and it never gave me any issues getting into BIOS. As a result, I suspect the keyboard. Or the keyboard not being recognized soon enough. Which board is it? Do you have another board to try?

And yes, use the USB2.0 ports to be safe. Some older BIOSs don't recognize USB3.0 until the driver is installed.
Yeah I was able to get into the BIOS a couple of years ago. I even tried using another keyboard and it didn't work.

Accordingly your M/B's manual
"To access the BIOS Setup program, press the <Delete> key during the POST when the power is turned on. " So you press the right key.

Do you get Gigabyte Logo screen or post screen before you enter your O/S?

I've changed most things in my computer but not the motherboard.

The problem begun when you upgrade your system with new components?

Find a PS/2 keyboard and try with that.