Having Troubles with nVidia Geforce 9800 GT...

pokeoscar

Distinguished
Feb 5, 2010
Hi and good day everyone @ Tom's Hardware...

My problem is the following...

I've recently purchased an nVidia Geforce 9800 GT Video Card, since I wanted to do a little Upgrade to my system...

But when I connected the Video Card to mi Motherboard, it just don't show me any video on screen, just plain black, and it doesn's seem to be booting, because the Hard Disk LED is not glowing, ant the keyboard lights don't get lighted...

My system is the following:

Motherboard: PCChips P53G, with VIA P4M900 Chipset.
Memory: 1.5 GB DDR2 533Mhz. Single Channel mode.
Proccessor: Pentium 4 @ 2.93 Ghz.
Power Supply: aPower Black edition 680W.

I have already eMailed the fabricant (Zotac), and they haven't responded (I've mailed them on Friday last week...).

The strange thing I found is that I've tried the video card on another Motherboard (an Intel one, I don't really remember the model of that one) and the Video card Worked perfectly... And I also tried it on another PCChips motherboard (a P29G, with a VIA P4m890 chipset) and the card DIDN'T worked on that one... Which made me think that the issue is got to be something with the BIOS or the VIA Chipsets...

I Opened a thread on nVidia forums, but it's been almost a week and anybody has given me any answer or any possibility...

I really appreciate your fast help and thank you to you all in advance...

pokeoscar

Distinguished
Feb 5, 2010
I've Already updated the BIOS, to the latest version that is on the PCCHIPS Website, and Still the same...

I read that the only thing that the BIOS Update does is add support for more proccessors (Ex. Core 2 Duo ones...)...

Still, the same problem prevails...

pokeoscar

Distinguished
Feb 5, 2010
Ahh OK, I started suspecting since, like I said on My post, the Graphic card worked just fine on an Intel Motherboard... Thank You all...

In that case, Which Motherboard should I choose, Any sugestions?

If your case is a mATX then any G series intel board should do the job from Asus or any other except from Intel (power stage reasons). A G33 or G43 board would be a fantastic upgrade over your current board.