Having video output trouble

miguell64

Reputable
Dec 10, 2014
So I've gone through the steps lined out on this site and I still can't get any video out. The pc seems to be running fine but I can't get video on the video card or the mb and I even tried another video card. Need somewhere to go from here

Solution
Try a different display (HDTV)? Different Cables(DVI/HDMI)? Tried hooking up another device to your current display(xbox/ps)?

My wife's computer gets picky on the rare occasion and doesn't want to display any output(from the videocard, any monitor will produce no result), and i need to unplug the computer and let it sit for a few minutes (try to turn it on while its unplugged to discharge any remaining juice in the PSU), if that doesn't work, try a different PCIe slot if you have one, sometimes that kickstarts video-output back into motion.

This might be a dumb assumption, but make sure that your monitor (or display) is using the correct input (HDMI/VGA/DVI/Display port). My kids like to click buttons on my monitor on occasion, and...

BrandonYoung

Reputable
Oct 13, 2014
Try a different display (HDTV)? Different Cables(DVI/HDMI)? Tried hooking up another device to your current display(xbox/ps)?

My wife's computer gets picky on the rare occasion and doesn't want to display any output(from the videocard, any monitor will produce no result), and i need to unplug the computer and let it sit for a few minutes (try to turn it on while its unplugged to discharge any remaining juice in the PSU), if that doesn't work, try a different PCIe slot if you have one, sometimes that kickstarts video-output back into motion.

This might be a dumb assumption, but make sure that your monitor (or display) is using the correct input (HDMI/VGA/DVI/Display port). My kids like to click buttons on my monitor on occasion, and once I thought that my monitor was broken, when they simply switched my input on the monitor to VGA instead of DVI.

As a last resort, if your motherboard has a "clr cmos" button, or jumper that you can short, try that, as maybe the bios settings got weird somehow.

Good luck!

Solution

TRENDING THREADS