Question Having Weird Issues.. Please Help!

Daniel_124

Honorable
Jan 9, 2016
Hey there!
**Any help is highly regarded.

Just got a new Gpu.
Worked completely fine for a few days.

Out of nowhere, screen would turn off and flicker, I would have green artifacts and all sorts of weirdness.. When this issue happens, screen, as ive said goes black for a few seconds, and when it turns on again all my desktop icons turn invisible (?) and are visible again if i hover my mouse pointer over them ?

No overheating. All parts in my case are new. Happened without overclock too. ( I had a slight one ).
Tried moving card to other pcie slot and havent experienced anything out of the ordinary, but the second slot is 16X (max 4x support). Only the first one supports 16X..

Edit: it's not the PCIe slot cos' same happened just now with the 2nd slot.

Specs:

ASUS Z390 Plus Gaming
Gigabyte RTX 2070 Windforce
Intel i7-8700
Gskill TridentZ 16GB RAM
Corsair 850W PLUS Gold
Windows is on M.2 NVMe

Last edited:

David0ne86

Prominent
Mar 11, 2021
Then you have two options: test the card on another rig/bring it to a shop so they can test it or declare the card defective and go for rma since you just got it. I would honestly go with the latter option UNLESS you can test the card on a friend or a relative rig.

Reactions: Daniel_124

Daniel_124

Honorable
Jan 9, 2016
Then you have two options: test the card on another rig/bring it to a shop so they can test it or declare the card defective and go for rma since you just got it. I would honestly go with the latter option UNLESS you can test the card on a friend or a relative rig.
Thing is i got this one from the previous RMA... my other gpu which was also a 2070 and fairly new, 2 years old almost, was doing something similar but without the artifacts.

each time i entered a game the screen would go black and the fans spinned really fast. It doesnt happen here and it happens randomly, not only in games...

Daniel_124

Honorable
Jan 9, 2016
Then im afraid something could indeed be wrong with your motherboard if similar issues have been noted with a previous card.

Hey there!
Have been busy but i finally can reply.

Its a bit hard to explain the chain of events because it seemingly happend at random.

I highly doubt its the motherboard.
The problem i have now is a bit different than the previous one (had no artifacts and monitor would turn off and fans would speed up).
The last time it was for sure the gpu since they gave me a replacement.

I tried going back with a restore point, changing divers, downclocking..

I RMAd my whole pc so they will test i guess by process of elimintation.

Could it be faulty PCIe cable by any chance?
Or anything with windows? Ram?

**Last thing, I did run FurMark and Heaven and both finished they run for like almost an hour without something happening.. weird

Last edited:

Daniel_124

Honorable
Jan 9, 2016
It def could. As i said it could be a myriad of things
**Just remembered something that might be important.
When entering a game, before the issue started, the monitor switched to HDR mode for some reason even though I was connected through displayport..
Screen went black after exiing said game and nothing would come back untill i restart.
The restart itself was much longer than usual.

Daniel_124

Honorable
Jan 9, 2016
Hey once more. The problem persists. Tried switching to HDMI and still issues. Ran fine for some time, until opened witcher 3, which ran flawlessly, after closing it black screen and all i could do is shut down. Reset button wouldnt help. For some reason the keyboard was also off even tho connected to pc.
What could be causing this guys? Please i tried everything.
GPU, MOBO, PSU are all supposedly tested. Could it be Integrated graphics?
Cpu i havent tested.

Video: View: https://imgur.com/a/AL4qfVD