[SOLVED] Havit mouse cursor/pointer runs wild

kapalik

Honorable
Apr 21, 2014
Dear friends,

I bought a Havit MS1003 backlit gaming mouse online in my place. The mouse cursor/pointer does not remain stand-still in one position like any ordinary pc mouse. Instead the mouse cursor would run/jump in haphazard directions across my pc monitor disallowing me to control the mouse cursor. I used mouses from different brands like logitech, delux, a4tech and currently using micropack. None of the mouses from these brands showed such cursor running problem. I never use a mousepad. I always use mouse on my wooden pc table without any problem. I experimented the havit mouse on an inner paper page of a thin math book. The cursor still moves on its own but rather slowly, whereas on my wooden pc table it runs wild. The mouse cursor also runs wild if the mouse is lifted in the air and held for some time without keeping it on the wooden table. This never happened with any other mouses.

I tried using this mouse on both windows 8.1 32 bit and linux distro 32 bit (solus gnome, rosa gnome etc) and all showed the same cursor problem. After I complained to the seller about this mouse the seller gave me a new mouse (same model and brand) and to my surprise the new mouse is showing the same cursor running problem. How is it possible that two different mouses of the same model from the same brand possess the same cursor running/jumping problem? Will a mousepad solve this problem and what if it doesn't?

Kindly, help me solve this awkward mouse cursor problem. I tried everything possible. I inserted the mouse usb connector in both usb ports 2.0 and 3.0 in my cpu but to no avail.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited by a moderator:
Solution
"Will a mouse pad solve the problem?"

Well you can easily answer that yourself by trying one but I doubt it will cure it 100%
All I can say is I stopped using mouse pads when ball-mice were superceded by optical mice.
All optical mice I've owned have worked fine on my woodgrain desk top, but they've always been quality brands like Microsoft, Logitech and Acer.
"How is it possible that two different mouses of the same model from the same brand possess the same cursor running/jumping problem? "

Evidently because that model is poor quality or has an inherent design flaw--- not hard to find when you buy an obscure brand.
Don't cheap out on any PC component or peripheral ---- stick with the tried & trusted brands (you've already proved for yourself that's good advice).

Reactions: kapalik

kapalik

Honorable
Apr 21, 2014
"How is it possible that two different mouses of the same model from the same brand possess the same cursor running/jumping problem? "

Evidently because that model is poor quality or has an inherent design flaw--- not hard to find when you buy an obscure brand.
Don't cheap out on any PC component or peripheral ---- stick with the tried & trusted brands (you've already proved for yourself that's good advice).

Thanks for the valuable suggestion. Will a mouse pad solve the problem? Even though I have always used mouses of any brand on my wooden table without any issue.

"Will a mouse pad solve the problem?"

Well you can easily answer that yourself by trying one but I doubt it will cure it 100%
All I can say is I stopped using mouse pads when ball-mice were superceded by optical mice.
All optical mice I've owned have worked fine on my woodgrain desk top, but they've always been quality brands like Microsoft, Logitech and Acer.

Reactions: kapalik
Solution
D

Deleted member 14196

you just select best answer, since you started the thread you can mark his answer as best answer, I think there is a trophy you click on? I can't see it, and I have never started a thread

TRENDING THREADS