[SOLVED] HCI Memtest - 4x Trident Z 3600Mhz CL18

A Gamer

Distinguished
Mar 29, 2016
Soo, recently i bought four sticks of Trident Z 3600Mhz CL18.

I have a few questions regarding my ram and the error i get on memtest.
View: https://imgur.com/yb1r4vl

I ran the test before with a Curve Optimizer of -10 i got 2 errors in the first 30% of the test.
I shutdown my system checked the ram slots and xmp settings and have removed the "CO" since then.
This time i did run the test to 300% but i wasn't done yet and the next day i did start it again and got another error.

Now i know Ryzen is pretty sensitive about ram soo i bought the GTZRX to make sure it works well. Reading somewhere i just placed ram in the slots not thinking about the "pairs".
I tought it wouldn't matter really, soo how likely is it that randomly placing the ram in the slots will give errors? For now i replaced

Should i give them more volt since i run 4x of them? currently they are at DRAM Voltage 1.35v

Specs:
Ryzen 5600x
Trident Z F4-3600C18D-16GTZRX
Asus ROG Strix B550-F Gaming Wifi
RTX 3070 TI GameRock OC

Maybe other usefull information:
PBO: Enabled
PBO Limits: Motherboard
Scalar 1x
Curve Optimizer: No changes

Other settings:
VDDCR CPU Voltage "Auto" +- 1.376V
VDDCR SOC Voltage "Auto" 1.100V
DRAM Voltage 1.350V

Solution
Any memtest error is a cause for concern.
Ram is sold in kits for a reason.
A motherboard must manage all the ram using the same specs of voltage, cas and speed.
The internal workings are designed for the capacity of the kit.
Ram from the same vendor and part number can be made up of differing manufacturing components over time.
Some motherboards, can be very sensitive to this.
This is more difficult when more sticks are involved.

It was a mistake to buy two different kits.

Possibly, you can contact g.skil customer support for a solution.
A simple rma exchange is not likely since a matched 4 stick kit is harder to make and more expensive than two 2 stick kits.

You can sometimes compensate for errors by increasing the ram...
Any memtest error is a cause for concern.
Ram is sold in kits for a reason.
A motherboard must manage all the ram using the same specs of voltage, cas and speed.
The internal workings are designed for the capacity of the kit.
Ram from the same vendor and part number can be made up of differing manufacturing components over time.
Some motherboards, can be very sensitive to this.
This is more difficult when more sticks are involved.

It was a mistake to buy two different kits.

Possibly, you can contact g.skil customer support for a solution.
A simple rma exchange is not likely since a matched 4 stick kit is harder to make and more expensive than two 2 stick kits.

You can sometimes compensate for errors by increasing the ram voltage in the motherboard bios.

Solution

A Gamer

Distinguished
Mar 29, 2016
I always thought it shouldn't matter as long as it's the same brand, type, speed & cl and that the mix match kind off a myth. The 2x sticks where on sale that's why i bought them compared to the full price 4x that was already more expencive by default. I put them in random too instead of running the correct 2 in 1 & 3 / 2 & 4. Soo i corrected them, how long should i run the HCI Memtest for?

Result so far:
View: https://imgur.com/ZP8CF16

I am more familiar with memtest86 or memtest86+
They boot from a usb stick and do not use windows.
You can download them here:

If I am just doing a quick test on new ram, I might run for only a minute.
Most new ram comes flawless.

If I had any suspicion that ram is an issue, I would at least complete a full pass and possibly half a dozen.
ANY error at all is a reason for concern.

A Gamer

Distinguished
Mar 29, 2016
Alright, ill run that a few times and report back here. I heard HCI Memtest is pretty good because it runs in the Windows enviroment and stress both the cpu and ram more compared to Memtest86.