HCL laptop lagging very much

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rahul_154

Prominent
Apr 2, 2017
i have a HCL laptop with 2GB RAM and 500GB harddisk when i bought itmy laptop is very fast and work without any lag but then i formateed and installed window many times in my laptop after whic my laptop started laggging very much simple thing like opening word take lots of time and also when i start my laptop sometimes my keyboard does not work pls suggest me what can i do and should i switch to windows 10 in this confirguation or not plss help me ................................

Solution

Re-installing Windows does not do anything to the RAM. It may be the hard drive failing, too much heat in the system, maybe you did not install all the drivers from the vendor after the last re-installation.
First thing, RAM is too low for modern OS use, you want at least 4 GB. Second, the hard drive could be dying, get a solid state drive for it, will speed things up. Check for temperature issues, make sure system is clean, apply new thermal paste to the heatsink.

Rahul_154

Prominent
Apr 2, 2017

but ealier it is fast in 2GB ram also and i want to know that is there is any effect on ram due to formatting my window many times

Re-installing Windows does not do anything to the RAM. It may be the hard drive failing, too much heat in the system, maybe you did not install all the drivers from the vendor after the last re-installation.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.