HD 2500 & GeForce 210

TheLazyDog

Reputable
Jun 11, 2014
Hey, I've got an Asus BP6320-I53330033B for work

And have a Geforce 210 in it for the pair of monitors I'm currently using.

I added a third monitor recently (moving up in the world!) and cannot seem to get the motherboard's HD 2500 to run at the same time as the 210. There seems to be the option in the BIOS to do so, but it refuses to work. At the moment I've got 1 VGA, 1 DVI, and one HDMI for the monitors.

Am I just out of luck and must buy a new video card?

If so, which one can I buy that will perform moderately decent (just do drafting and such) and fit in the low profile case.

Thanks in advance,

TLD

TheLazyDog

Reputable
Jun 11, 2014
Found the problem!

The Intel HD Graphics Control Panel wasn't auto-detecting and installing. Managed to get it on here, and it works (almost) perfectly. There's also no screen lag (one of the things I was worried about).

Now if I can just find a way to get 2 double stacked 23" and the 56" to be one big happy family, It'll be perfect....

Anyone have an idea of how to let my computer know that my 56" is twice the (vertical) size of my 23's?

TheLazyDog

Reputable
Jun 11, 2014

Thanks Silver Wolf. I should probably clarify. My question is can I tell Windows that the vertical height is different between the monitors? Right now it treats all of the monitors as the same physical size, which they're not. Throws everything out of whack a little...

Silver Wolf

Honorable
Jan 29, 2014
I thought last time I looked it allowed you to select a different resolution - including vertical/horizontal. You cannot make dramatically different heights but you should be able to make them within ranges. (ie 1680 x 1050 and 1600x900 - close to same width but fairly different height). There will be limitations in what resolutions your monitor can put out and what resolution the graphics card can put out, and there may only be certain ones that are available due to both allowing them - but Windows 7 should allow you to choose independently for each monitor as we do that at work.