giannisams

Distinguished
Dec 22, 2009
i have a core 2 duo 2.4ghz
ddr2 ram 2gb 533mhz
and if i buy the hd 4770 which the newest games i will play in max settings??

depends on what game at what resolution. 1024x768, maybe. Anything higher, probably not. The 4770 is a lowend gaming card. Could you give us more information, such as you other system specs, including power supply. Also what size/resolution monitor you are using. As well as your budget. We can help recommend something.

JofaMang

Distinguished
Jun 14, 2009
It depends on the resolution that you play on, which is limited to what your monitor can display.

If you are gaming at 1280x1024 or lower, you should be able to see some pretty high settings playing smoothly. Your 2gb of ram might be a bit of a limitation, and adding another 2gb will give you some improvement as well, if your motherboard can support more.

If you are playing above those resolutions, you won't see max settings in many of the more demanding titles (like crysis or GTAIV) but not all games are that demanding, and you should get a good experience gaming on that platform in general.

If you are trying to play at 1920x1080 or higher, you will probably have to forgoe AA/AF to maintain smooth framerates.

giannisams

Distinguished
Dec 22, 2009
i am playing on 1440x900 my psu is 500watt and i dont want to spend a lot of money!!!no my motherboard doesn't have the possibility of 4gb!!!i saw some reviews and thought that if i buy one and overcklock it a little i will be able to play not crysis but cod mw2 or nfs shift with 30fps at least....i am wrong??

JofaMang

Distinguished
Jun 14, 2009
You should be able to play those games, yes, but not at max settings, at that resolution. Beware OCing the GPU on a cheaper PSU. While 500w meets the recommended PSU, OCing increases your power draw signifcantly, and GPUs are often the most power hungry part of a computer.

JofaMang

Distinguished
Jun 14, 2009
At stock speeds GPU clocks, it meets requirements. If it wasn't a generic PSU, but a decent brand name, it wouldn't be an issue, but generics can be drastically overrated. The 4770 is not power hungry card, but the recommended values are inflated to compensate for cheaper PSUs, and overclocking the card *might* push the true envelope of your power supply. It might also be fine, just being sure you are aware of the risks.