HD 4870 1gb crash issue!

alaxkiller

Honorable
May 24, 2012
hey guys i have an HD 4870 1gb
while playing i get a game crash after 5-20min playing
so i tried to figure it out and i found that im getting high gpu temperature (gpu-z)

the card fan is at 100%
the temperature at booting(normal use) is from 44-49*
at playing it begins with 52-55* and reach 62 while crashing the game blocks the screen shut down and it get me back to desktop saying that:
"AMD display driver no longer met and was succssefully recovered"

here is my config:
intel dual core e5400 2.7ghz 2.7ghz
2gb drr2 ram
ATI radeon HD4870 1gb

and one more thing im getting some suspicious about the power supply
it's a fake codegen 450w not certified which mean that it give less than 450w
ps: i have 3 psu 400w and 450w and 250w with each one the during of ability to play increase
*250 game crash at game menu
*400w i can play from 0-5 min and with the 450w i can play from 5-20min
all psu that i have are not certified

what to do please help
i changed thermal paste and i turned fan speed to 100% no solution yet

alaxkiller

Honorable
May 24, 2012
yea so it's not a bad card issue ? thank god
1 more thing can a bad psu lead to high temperature?
in normal condition it should be 35-38 in nomal use and 44-49 at full load
so it's from the psu this crash not from the card thank god!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Its highly likely to be an issue with the PSU you have as its inadequate for your system

I think you'd be lucky to see a load temp of 49C with a HD4870 unless your running it with 100% fan speed and had very good case airflow. I wouldn't worry too much about your cards temps, even 62C under load is considered good.

alaxkiller

Honorable
May 24, 2012
thanks you for being here for me dude
so changing the power supply to a certified one and power one will fix the probleme of crash right?
the crash source is the psu?
answear both of questions please!

Yup get a power supply that is 80+ efficient, 500W or greater from a reputable company and enjoy your games.

I'm 99.9% sure your PSU is causing the issue, that's the best I can offer you.

as long as you dont pull more power that the ps can give out (and have it reset or power down) the power supply should be fine for two days. i would just to make sure it the power supply check your cpu temps. use hardware monitor or speed fan and run a game and see if the cpu gets to hot. one other thing trying to run a game with 2g is also hard on your system. you could be running out of ram and that could be causing your crashes. I would jut for a piece of mind run memtest to check that you dont have any bad ram. when you do get the new ps if the games lock up again you want to run prime95 (cpu only test) then a gpu burn in test like pathmarks to see if it a gpu or cpu issue.

alaxkiller

Honorable
May 24, 2012
ok im gonna answear each one if i could
my memory are 100% okay and i have an extra 1gb out side but when i plug it in the screen dosn't show any thing despite that it works on other pc if you any one else cen help with this please do !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
2-about the gpu omgitzfatal said that my temps are good and my cpu temp is 40-41 normal use nad 44 at gaming so because he is 99.9% sure that it is from the power supply im gonna change it!

alaxkiller

Honorable
May 24, 2012
yea i tried that it don't work!
i have one 2gb memory and 1gb out side i tried to put the 1gb alone in the motherboard but it don't work despite that it works on other computers (tried it on 2 )

about the temps of the graphic card please isn't too much for ati cards cause nvidia temps are more than ati's one

Well if you've tried a compatible RAM stick that you know works in that motherboard slot and it then doesn't work it most likely a faulty memory slot.

Not sure what your asking about with regards to the graphics card temps...

Like I said I'm 99.9% Sure a new quality power supply will solve the crashing when gaming, but it won't fix your motherboards memory slot.