HD 5750 flickering when any core speed changed?

mcgge1360

Reputable
Oct 3, 2017
The bottom part of my 2nd and 3rd screens will flicker and move a bit if I change the OC settings on my 5750. This isn't a voltage/power issue because this happens with +1 mhz, +5 mhz, +150 mhz, and even underclocking. At it's default speeds it performs fine. I really would like to OC this card because it's not very powerful and until I get a new card it's all I have. It is a passive heat sink version so there are no fans, just a very large heat sink, and one of my fans blows directly onto it. At 100% it sets at 49 degrees, +100 mhz is 52 degrees, and +150 mhz is 56 degrees. The screen flickering happens on both AMD catyllist and MSI afterburner

it is the 1GB ddr5 version if wondering.

Why would you OC a video card with no cooling? You should remove the 2nd and 3rd screen as well if you are using it for gaming. It is not a gaming card, if you are using it as such with 3 screens, well, I wouldnt. If you arent using it for gaming, it should be fine. Those cards arent made to be OC'd.

mcgge1360

Reputable
Oct 3, 2017

I said it has no fan, no that it doesn't have cooling. it has a large heat sink which radiates heat instead of a smaller one with a fan.

mcgge1360

Reputable
Oct 3, 2017

My case fans always run at the same speed, so the airflow stays the same, or goes up with my processor, but never down.