Hd 5770 wtf

G

my hd 5770 with amd 2.8 6 core is dropping fps @ times. Sometimes it can be 120 fps (sc2) then go down to 60 in the next game.. (no heavy action or anything) my graphics card is only at 60-65 full load. I it slightly overclocked. It feels like my card is getting worse over time (only bought in october) is their anyway to tell?

Moley

wishmaster12

Distinguished
Jul 28, 2006
somtimes faulty system can decrease graphic speed. try unillstalling the driver, run a antivirus ,defrag, uninstall any programs you dont use, get updateds, install direct x over again, and stuff like that if your using windows 7 dont uninstall the driver it can screw up your system very bad

G

i am windows 7 64bit and how do i uninstall drivers ? (lool) and which one should i go back too?

wishmaster12

Distinguished
Jul 28, 2006
just download the newest driver from amd.com (the highest version)and install the driver use express install then reboot right away. you can also change the graphics settings in the driver. i would suggest aplication conrol for AA ,and anistrophic, mitmap at quality, ai advanced, and vsync off unless spcified, and triple buffer on. if you dont like the settings put vsync on either in the game of the driver
changing graphics settings will inprove the frame rate

G

well the hole point is it used to run @ 150 fps max (cod4) now it can do that sometimes or can drop to 60 and just be gay... lolol

G

what should i do ive done everything? just send it back for the second fukcing time?

benski

Distinguished
Jun 24, 2010
What resolution and settings are you running? They patched SC2 a while back and it reduced my framerates some, I think it was on purpose because I used to get like 95 fps but my cards would always be over 90% usage and they got really hot. Now I get in the mid 60s usually but load is much less.

G

im on 1920x1080 but i know the graphics card isnt great on that resolution but its dropping not just on sc2 aswell as cod4 and every other game..

benski

Distinguished
Jun 24, 2010
Might be overheating if the games start out fast and get slower as you play. Download MSI afterburner or something and check your temps and clock speeds while you game.

so you are getting random drops in FPS. Do they last for long? if they are only short drops in FPS, it could be something loading from the hard drive, maybe more ram is the answer? What PSU do you have? maybe time for a new one?

G

ok ive been ok for a couple of hours now (fingers crossed) i have 4gb ram and 650watt psu only since october

I think its ok now i hope