HD 6450 Everything is Blocky?

lastlivingkid

Reputable
May 15, 2014
Hello everybody, I was wondering if anybody could help shed some light on this problem I'm having with my Radeon HD 6450. Recently, seemingly for no reason, everything with gpu acceleration looks blocky and... well, messed up. For example, in games that use direct3d, (9 or 11, both have the problem) everything looks blocky and rendered incorrectly. The textures look fine, but the models' lines are too thick and extremely jagged. While playing one game, the main character's face had no nose, only a small black hole. While playing videos with MPC-HC and madvr, the outlines of things display the same problems- too thick, jagged, and blocky. I don't get the problem at all with VLC player or software decoding, and most commercial games- Skyrim, Fallout 3, Amnesia- have no problems at all.

I tried updating my drivers, but the problem persisted. Then, I tried completely uninstalling my card and reinstalling with a driver from last year and still it persisted! If anybody has any idea what it could be, I'd really appreciate the input.