[SOLVED] HD 710 Hard Drive not Showing in disk management

Sep 16, 2019
hi, i have an external 1 T ADATA HD710
i just updated my windows10 on pc today and when i plugged the hard drive into it and tried to open the drive, file explorer stopped working , i unplugged the device and after closing file explorer i plugged it again and it did not displayed on file explorer
no hard drive is only shown in device manager and is not shown in disk management
i tried it with other pc's and it didn't showed there either, i also tried linux and it also didnt recognized the hard
here is the situation👇

dd.png

Solution
Is it under warranty?
If not then you may be able to remove the drive and mount it internally.
Since your's i IP68, I don't know how difficult getting the drive out will be but most large externals have 3.5" sata drives inside the smaller ones have 2.5" but some are USB only and some are Sata with a USB interface plugged into them.

If you really need thse files, then send it out for professional data recovery.

Lastly, please remember that important files should always have a backup or three. A backup is an extra copy and not the 'only' copy. [end soapbox]

popatim

Titan
Is it under warranty?
If not then you may be able to remove the drive and mount it internally.
Since your's i IP68, I don't know how difficult getting the drive out will be but most large externals have 3.5" sata drives inside the smaller ones have 2.5" but some are USB only and some are Sata with a USB interface plugged into them.

If you really need thse files, then send it out for professional data recovery.

Lastly, please remember that important files should always have a backup or three. A backup is an extra copy and not the 'only' copy. [end soapbox]

Reactions: sajjad reyhani
Solution