HD 7750 Out of Stock? No Longer Sold?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Rick Ace

Honorable
May 17, 2012
Hello,

I have a 300W PSU on an older PC. :) After doing some research (and talking on tomshardware forums), we decided the 7750 would be a good option. However, it looks like the GPU I was looking at (ASUS Model #: HD7750-1GD5-V2) is mostly out of stock. It's in-stock on Amazon at a higher-price than NewEgg. What's happening? Are they starting to stop manufacturing the 7750? I don't have any time to do the upgrade now. Should I buy it on Amazon for a higher price, and store it until I'm ready to install? Or am I safe to wait a few more months? Thanks!

Solution
Don't worry, the 750 is a powerful card. it only consumes 75% power of Kepler cards of similar power, and a third of Fermi cards, and you could max many games out easily with it.

Rick Ace

Honorable
May 17, 2012

I agree. :) You're replies were helpful, so thanks for that too!

Do you think I should switch to a E8600, first? :) It looks like it's compatible with my motherboard/CPU. And both CPUs are 65W. But will a combination of a E8600 + GTX 750 be an issue?

AshyCFC

Honorable
Depends how cheap you can get the E8600 for.

It won't be an issue for sure as your mobo can support it (shame it can't support core 2 quads)

The only thing is you'd be better served in my opinion by getting new CPU+Mobo together unless the E8600 IS dirt cheap.

Rick Ace

Honorable
May 17, 2012
Hello guys. :) I've finally got the time to work on this. I updated the RAM, and the CPU upgrade is almost done.

Originally, I was aiming for a GTX 750. But I found a good deal on a 750TI as well. It also had 2GB GDDR5 which is another advantage.
http://www.amazon.com/EVGA-GeForce-Dual-Link-Graphics-02G-P4-3751-KR/dp/B00IDG3PRI

The manufacturer seems to say it will work with 300W PSUs.

I'm still a little concerned since the 750TI will need 5 watts more than the 750. What do you guys think? Should I risk purchasing the 750TI? Or should I play it safe with a 750?

Nope - you'll be fine. Those cards are extremely low-power.