HD 7850 Worth it?

Milos_10

Respectable
Jan 9, 2017
So is it worth it to buy 7850 for 65$.
Brand is PowerColor and how long will it last if i buy it ?Will i be able to play games like BF4 and GTA V(considering CPU isnt bottleneck)?

Solution
I've had this card for some time been a solid card for me .

https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814131473

just got to where AMD drivers don't support anything like some of my older games don't work on a AMD driver over 12.6 so when I wanted to ply then I had to uninstall the ones I used [later ] and in stall them old drivers to play .. [max payne 1 was one that don't work on AMD drivers over 12.6 ]

so this go round I went NVidia and all my games work and play as expected and support of all my OS's used where AMD don't anymore ..

good little card but just AMD don't support me and my needs
I've had this card for some time been a solid card for me .

https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814131473

just got to where AMD drivers don't support anything like some of my older games don't work on a AMD driver over 12.6 so when I wanted to ply then I had to uninstall the ones I used [later ] and in stall them old drivers to play .. [max payne 1 was one that don't work on AMD drivers over 12.6 ]

so this go round I went NVidia and all my games work and play as expected and support of all my OS's used where AMD don't anymore ..

good little card but just AMD don't support me and my needs

Solution
I thought the 7850 I got was way better then the 6850 it replaced ?

thing is that card is 4 gen behind 400 deries - 300 series 200 series then the 7000 series ?? if that 7850 still supported ''all'' my needs I would still be using it

no point in a card that don't support xp or vista on any latest drivers don't support a few of my old games on any of the latest drivers over 12.xx

if you don't have any of them limitations its a good card for what it is I went with a NVidia 900 series cause it supported ''ALL'' my needs and all my games work with it on a lot later drivers

as far as the hardware of the 7000 series its solid but its AMD software/ support is why I had to ditch it

''My experience with Powercolor is they are a budget brand'' well if so then I cant say nothing but I got my moneys worth from them it was a better card then the ''better '' sapphire brand it replaced by far ..

salerhino

Reputable
Mar 16, 2016

Hello, I have personally HD7870(was planning to buy HD7850) for 3 months now and it serves me very well.
I am able to play BF4,GTA V, WoT without even slightest problems.
Your card would be little bit weaker, but it also consumes less power and I say - go for it !
If you are from Serbia like I am, there is nothing that can beat that card in that price range.

Milos_10

Respectable
Jan 9, 2017

I am from serbia ,glad to see somebody from these parts of the world.Im forced to buy used cause if i buy new ,i wont have money for cpu.I will go for it ,what can i loose(except dreams and hopes xD)