[SOLVED] hd 7950 displays vertical lines and blocks bios from loading

Aug 28, 2021
around 2 days ago i was playing apex. suddenly the pc froze and the screen displayed a pattern similar to tv static. after trying to boot it it sometimes shows: operating system not found. remove drives with no os. press ctrl+alt+delete to restart (or something along those lines)
and after i restart it for some reason it shows the loading bar from windows xp. also drivers dont work. i can open windows without drivers, still with vertical lines on screen. as soon as the drivers are almost completed the screen turns black and then turns off completely.
i got the card second hand. the card had 1x8pin and 1x6pin. i did not have the proper cables from my psu so i had to cut the psu end from the 8 pin and solder a header which fit. for the 6 pin i used a sata to 6 pin adapter. the card worked fine for some days, untill this happened. what could it be ?

Solution
Are you seriously asking what's wrong with it?

You are literally saying that you went Macgyver with the PSU and you are surprised with the outcome?

For starters, if a PSU does not have the proper connections for a GPU, then it's NOT meant to power said GPU. You most probably damaged the GPU and possibly other hardware.
Are you seriously asking what's wrong with it?

You are literally saying that you went Macgyver with the PSU and you are surprised with the outcome?

For starters, if a PSU does not have the proper connections for a GPU, then it's NOT meant to power said GPU. You most probably damaged the GPU and possibly other hardware.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS