HD not showing up internal, works fine in a usb dock

May 6, 2018
Hey Guys,
I have a 10tb HP enterprise drive iv been using and after I swapped my psu it no longer shows up even in bios (I exchanged the psu, same result). I have the 4tb version of the same drive that works fine. If I put the drive in an external usb dock it works fine. I tried swapping sata cables/slots. Any ideas? Thanks

R0GG

Distinguished
Were you using the 10TB drive in the computer tower before swapping the PSU? IF NO : Try going to windows computer management> storage, and check whether your drive is listed: it might either need a re-initialization under SATA Mode (if the drive was formatted initially through USB route: all data will be lost), or best case scenario drive is usable as it is but doesn't have a drive letter assigned to it which is an easy fix right clicking on drive and assigning it a drive letter among the available ones.

May 6, 2018

It has always been internal.Bios doesn't see it so disk management for sure doesn't.

May 6, 2018

Unfortunately no other desktop to try. It doesn't seem to spin, its acting like its not getting power.

May 6, 2018

For some reason that I don't understand, that worked. I very much appreciate the help.

R0GG

Distinguished

Me neither lol.
Did you try another SATA PSU power cable all together (not the sata connector)? And are your other hard drives on the same one SATA power cable coming from your PSU?

May 6, 2018

Yup, I tried every possible combo.

R0GG

Distinguished
Weird stuff :??::pt1cable:. So :
- you did try a sata connector coming from a different PSU sata cable, humm,
- And your other drives are hooked to the same PSU sata cable that has the non working (or maybe it works with different drives) sata connector you tried on your non showing drive : Only a voltmeter can elucidate this enigma.