HD with windows 10 changing from MBR to GPT

Inet

Distinguished
Apr 18, 2013
Hi
I had a HD with Windows Xp x32 installed. Meanwhile I got the Windows 10 Pro x64. So, I formated the drive and I installed Windows 10 Pro x64. But because the old XP installation of the HD was in MBR, I've been also forced to install Windows 10 in MBR ( legacy BIOS ).
I would like to reinstall Windows 10 Pro x64 in GPT (UEFI-clean boot).
I've read a lot of information, but it is very confusing. Can someone help me? The HD data can be lost/erased. No problem for that. It's connected by sata cable to the board.
My configuration:
MSI H81m-p33
I3 4160
HD Wd 320 gb
Thanks

Colif

Win 11 Master
i think what you need to do is set the bios boot priority up so it only boots from UEFI devices

if it looks like this: https://i.ytimg.com/vi/0ixUfROxtdA/maxresdefault.jpg you should have a row along top of bios page with icons representing hdd, DVD, ssd, etc, you should have some marked UEFI DVD or UEFI HDD.

from left it should be your UEFI USB or DVD (depending what your installer is), then UEFI HDD

Put them at beginning of order and boot the win 10 installer and do a clean install. It should force you to delete all the partitions and then reformat them as GPT

follow this: http://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/1950-windows-10-clean-install.html

Kurz

Distinguished
Jun 9, 2006

I think the problem was you ran the Win 10 setup process in Legacy mode.
You need to change your BIOS settings to boot up devices in UEFI mode.

Run the same setup and boot from the Win 10 USB Drive and format again. That should solve your issues.

(FYI when you do a format nothing is left over from the previous install)

Inet

Distinguished
Apr 18, 2013

Yes, I did the installation on Legacy + UEFI mode, because XP was installed. When I try to change the boot mode to UEFI the pc don't starts. So I had to install Windows 10 on Legacy + UEFI mode.

Inet

Distinguished
Apr 18, 2013

Yes, my Bios page is similar. I'll see your information.

Inet

Distinguished
Apr 18, 2013
Ok.
Windows 10 pro x64 was reinstalled using GPT UEFI. It's working and active. But I can not enable the secure boot. A message appears saying: CSM is loaded and it should be disabled in Setup. How do I disable it?

TRENDING THREADS