HD4600 for dual-monitor

WangYi Wang

Reputable
Oct 31, 2014
I have a i7 4790K and I have two Samsung monitors. My question is how to support two monitor @1920X1080 (1 DVI and 1 VGA)

This is should be an easy question, connected both monitors ans set up to extend the current monitor. However, my VGA monitor doesn't shows.

The computer can identify each monitor, and can display on each single monitor. I set the DVI as master display. But the problem is when I connect them both, only the DVI shows, VGA port doesn't work.

The MOBO is ASUS Z97 maxmium hero.

thanks for any helps

Solution
some motherboards have problems using the integrated GPU on the DVI and VGA ports at the same time. I've had motherboard BIOS updates fix it for me sometimes. Generally the best way is to use the DVI and HDMI ports instead of VGA. You could try a VGA-DVI adapter and an HDMI to DVI cable?

Also if they are the same monitor then you could just use one with the regular DVI port and one with an HDMI to DVI cable. Hope that helps!

dovah-chan

Honorable
some motherboards have problems using the integrated GPU on the DVI and VGA ports at the same time. I've had motherboard BIOS updates fix it for me sometimes. Generally the best way is to use the DVI and HDMI ports instead of VGA. You could try a VGA-DVI adapter and an HDMI to DVI cable?

Also if they are the same monitor then you could just use one with the regular DVI port and one with an HDMI to DVI cable. Hope that helps!

Solution