HD6870 3rd Display active mini dv to dvi

wolfdogg_

Distinguished
Nov 20, 2008
I purchased an adapter to get my 3rd monitor working. The adapter is an APC APC-3383 Mini DisplayPort to DVI-D Adapter http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16812106609

it says in one place only that it is an "active" adapter. Emphasis on the word "active". im not able to get it to act as such, to get a 3rd monitor working in any configuration

i have also two passive mini dv to dvi adapters. all 3 monitors connect using dvi cables.

the configurations i have tried are
using dvi/hdmi adapter, w/ or w/0 top dvi connected, vs. bottom dvi connector, and then all that combined with or withouit 1 or 2 mini dv's at once, either with active, or passive.

I hard rebooted alot of teh times, as i switched each, seeing only two at once at any given time.

Also, after reboot, i have tried catalyst to set up eyefinity, and only see either two monitors, or a custom which leads me to only a 1 or 2 monitor choice in the end. i have not yet seen anyting to do with 3 monitors in catalyst eye finity.

in catalyst i DO see ALL 3 monitors in the panels section, and i DO see them in my screen resolutions in Win7 x64 Ult control. but i cant extend using either to any 3rd monitor, however i can switch to using any combination of any two.

WTF? ITS NOT ACTIVE IS IT???? SHIT HOLE MOTHER FUCKERS APC

wolfdogg_

Distinguished
Nov 20, 2008
yeah thats a sapphire, which FYI my card is an AMD, but looks liek its the right part ill give you that. in fact, ill bet its the accell rebranded. i should have spent the 24 on the accell.

Are you saying my adapter isn't active?

SO, is the adapter my problem, or did i miss something in the steps?