HD7950 small voltage increase cause flicker

Status
Not open for further replies.
HI guys.

OK just got my second HD7950 Sapphire Dual-X OC.

I have this strange issue though. My first one is OCd too 1180MHz with a slight voltage bump. Now I am trying to match these two cards up but for some reason even the smallest increase in voltage via MSI afterburner is causing a flicker on my screen even in Chrome. Now this is concerning, I have not attempted to game with a small voltage increase, do not wanna take the chance.

Anyone seen this before???

I have removed the first card and tried just the one to see if it has any effect, no difference...

Oh and my specs are in my signature. Crosair TX650 v2 PSU.

Solution
I would recommend taking out the first card (you already know what it can overclock to) and installing just the second and finding it's max overclock. Since not all GPU's are the same it seems that the second one is limiting the other.

andrewcarr

Distinguished
I would recommend taking out the first card (you already know what it can overclock to) and installing just the second and finding it's max overclock. Since not all GPU's are the same it seems that the second one is limiting the other.

Solution

I know... Have already tried that as I said above. It won't increase voltage AT ALL... That's not normal in the least, even considering differences in chip OC capabilities... Or am I wrong??

andrewcarr

Distinguished
Although not normal not impossible either. You could always replace it with another. For newegg all it takes is the cost of return shipping.

You should also be able to run the GPU overclocked without increasing voltage.

One other possible problem is that your PSU is running off of two PCI-E adapters. Which are by no means ideal (could be a source of the problem, but I wouldn't look into replacing it unless you can switch your PSU with a 750w, or higher of a good brand, just temporarily to test, say another PSU a friend may have).

Nope... None of those. Ended up being a glitch specific to MSI Afterburner. Sapphire Trixx works perfectly...

Matched them up no problem. Almost killed the second card by accident though. LOL!

Status
Not open for further replies.