[SOLVED] HDCP

harpsinuno

Commendable
Apr 26, 2021
Hi

Is there anything that I cannot do with a non-HDCP compliant monitor like seeing a TV channel or stored videos in the box?

Thanks.

Solution
Netflix and Youtube in HD? High Definition? So, just normal definition or nothing at all?

About BlueRay disks which is something that I don't understand... When we go to a CD shop, if you want to buy some music, the normal format is a CD. Do we already have productions like concerts or films in a BlueRay format?

And if I am seeing TV and want to see a concert later, which means I need to record it in the box, can I see it in this type of monitor instead of seeing it through TV?
Yeah, so Neflix and YouTube may only be 480p rather than 1080p or higher. If you record an HD program, it may only play back at 480p. It would depend on the recorder.
Just assume that any 1080p material will only play in 480p. There might be...

harpsinuno

Commendable
Apr 26, 2021
You can't stream Netflix in HD. Maybe not Yourube in HD. You can't play blue ray disks.

Netflix and Youtube in HD? High Definition? So, just normal definition or nothing at all?

About BlueRay disks which is something that I don't understand... When we go to a CD shop, if you want to buy some music, the normal format is a CD. Do we already have productions like concerts or films in a BlueRay format?

And if I am seeing TV and want to see a concert later, which means I need to record it in the box, can I see it in this type of monitor instead of seeing it through TV?

kanewolf

Titan

Yeah, so Neflix and YouTube may only be 480p rather than 1080p or higher. If you record an HD program, it may only play back at 480p. It would depend on the recorder.
Just assume that any 1080p material will only play in 480p. There might be exceptions, but for a rule of thumb, that is pretty safe. If you get higher than 480p, it is a bonus.

Reactions: harpsinuno
Solution

harpsinuno

Commendable
Apr 26, 2021
Just assume that any 1080p material will only play in 480p. There might be exceptions, but for a rule of thumb, that is pretty safe. If you get higher than 480p, it is a bonus.

I see. I thought that I would just see a black monitor while running Netflix or Youtube... which means "no image".

About BluRay didn't understand because I never used this...