andrewszlagowski12

Commendable
Jul 27, 2018
Hello, I am currently dealing with a few issues with my improved system,

A little while ago I ran into some issues with my msi b350m motherboard (it initially said windows needed repairing then stopped posting), so i decided it was time for an upgrade, as the b350m had already given me so much trouble in the past; so I settled on an Asus Strix B450F.

After re-assembling everything with the new motherboard , I got my usb key with windows 10, repaired windows, Installed/re-installed the drivers and software for the motherboard, and started playing.
At this point the only issue I had was a painfully long boot up time, but besides that basically everything was in working order.

Today when I started up my pc I went to BIOS and overclocked my cpu and RAM using Asus’s EZ Tuning Wizard, and changed the boot order to my SSD first. After starting it up, both of my seagate harddrives are not detected on any SATA ports, and different SATA cables made no difference. I even tried a different drive power connector and nothing seems to work, no matter what the two drives are not detected.

I have yet to try resetting the bios settings. Ideally I don’t want to clean install windows again, because if I did I would end up formatting the ssd and would have to re-download virtually everything.

Any help is appreciated.

TLDR: The two Seagate HDD’s not detected, tried basic troubleshooting and nothing seems to help. Also it takes almost 5 mins to boot up fully which is nowhere near where it should be.

Specs:
Ryzen 5 1500x - CM hyper 212 EVO
Asus ROG strix B450F
Zotac GTX 1060 6GB mini
2x8gb TForce Vulcan Z RAM
Rosewill Arc m550
Kingston ssd 250gb
Seagate barracuda 1tb
Seagate barracuda 2tb

also I was wondering if anyone could explain what this means after post:
“Checking media presence...
Media present...
Start PXE over IPv4...”

Hello, I am currently dealing with a few issues with my improved system,

A little while ago I ran into some issues with my msi b350m motherboard (it initially said windows needed repairing then stopped posting), so i decided it was time for an upgrade, as the b350m had already given me so much trouble in the past; so I settled on an Asus Strix B450F.

After re-assembling everything with the new motherboard , I got my usb key with windows 10, repaired windows, Installed/re-installed the drivers and software for the motherboard, and started playing.
At this point the only issue I had was a painfully long boot up time, but besides that basically everything was in working order.

Today when I started up my pc I went to BIOS and overclocked my cpu and RAM using Asus’s EZ Tuning Wizard, and changed the boot order to my SSD first. After starting it up, both of my seagate harddrives are not detected on any SATA ports, and different SATA cables made no difference. I even tried a different drive power connector and nothing seems to work, no matter what the two drives are not detected.

I have yet to try resetting the bios settings. Ideally I don’t want to clean install windows again, because if I did I would end up formatting the ssd and would have to re-download virtually everything.

Any help is appreciated.

TLDR: The two Seagate HDD’s not detected, tried basic troubleshooting and nothing seems to help. Also it takes almost 5 mins to boot up fully which is nowhere near where it should be.

Specs:
Ryzen 5 1500x - CM hyper 212 EVO
Asus ROG strix B450F
Zotac GTX 1060 6GB mini
2x8gb TForce Vulcan Z RAM
Rosewill Arc m550
Kingston ssd 250gb
Seagate barracuda 1tb
Seagate barracuda 2tb

also I was wondering if anyone could explain what this means after post:
“Checking media presence...
Media present...
Start PXE over IPv4...”
Disks not seen in BIOS or ?
Last line means it's trying to boot from network, not disk.