Mar 2, 2020
I have just got my first ever PC build to boot successfully, however the HDD and SSD are not being recognised. When I check BIOS, it says port 0 & 1 are empty, whereas in reality port 0 is my HDD and port 1 is my SSD. I cannot install Windows without the storage device/s, so it'd be appreciated if there are any quick troubleshooting tips for this.
i5-4460 @ 3.2GHz
Gigabyte 1050Ti
Gigabyte B85M-D3H Motherboard
8GB DD3-1600GHz RAM (1x8)
Western Digital 1TB HDD
ADATA SU630 240GB SSD

Solution
You do have two cables connected to the drives, correct?
The smaller one is the data cable and the other end connects tot he motherboard sata ports.
The larger one is the power and connects back to the PSU. Be sure it is plugged in at the PSU end if its a modular one.

We've had users with the other end of the power cable not plugged in :)

If you still don't see them in the bios, make sure the Sata ports are enabled and set to AHCI mode in the bios also.

popatim

Titan
You do have two cables connected to the drives, correct?
The smaller one is the data cable and the other end connects tot he motherboard sata ports.
The larger one is the power and connects back to the PSU. Be sure it is plugged in at the PSU end if its a modular one.

We've had users with the other end of the power cable not plugged in :)

If you still don't see them in the bios, make sure the Sata ports are enabled and set to AHCI mode in the bios also.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS