HDD and SSD transfer

Dec 10, 2018
Hi
I'm going to get a new pc soon and I have 2 HDD (one of them is 1TB and the other is 2TB) and I have a 240GB SSD(both of them are from my older pc) I was wondering if it's going to cause me any problems because I want to use them with my new pc.

Solution
If HDDs don't have OS on them, that's not a problem. Your SSD has W10 on it, there might be a little problem with windows itself because it's from another system. Might have to restart it several times because of drivers. If it's connected to internet by wired connection to router, windows will most probably download and install drivers, When you are surethat windows work fine, you can just connect HDDs with data, nothing should happen to them. Try to connect them in same order as before so they get proper letters assigned to them although you can change letters thru Disk management.
Write here if you have problem getting windows to work properly, there is a way to fix without loosing data or programs.
Dec 10, 2018

Hi thanks for answering me, windows 10 pro 64bits is already installed on my SSD and both of my HDDs have data that I need. Do I need to format them and delete everything on them to install them on my new pc? or is it okay to just take them from my older pc and just install them in the new one?
(My new pc is still not completed thus it hasn't been turned on yet and it doesn't have any HDD or SSD)
should I delete everything on the SSD and the HDDs? or is it okay to just put them in the new pc with all of the data still in them?

If HDDs don't have OS on them, that's not a problem. Your SSD has W10 on it, there might be a little problem with windows itself because it's from another system. Might have to restart it several times because of drivers. If it's connected to internet by wired connection to router, windows will most probably download and install drivers, When you are surethat windows work fine, you can just connect HDDs with data, nothing should happen to them. Try to connect them in same order as before so they get proper letters assigned to them although you can change letters thru Disk management.
Write here if you have problem getting windows to work properly, there is a way to fix without loosing data or programs.

Solution