[SOLVED] HDD and SSD

Sep 4, 2021
I have this PC that wont turns on but doesn't have any video signals to the monitor (My post) so as per some of the tutorials online it suggest to unplug everything from MB but CPU and HSF. i noticed that the HDD and SSD are connected via same SATA cable (HHD and SSD). can someone comment on this? i was under impression that there will be separate SATA for each device. I want to disconected them both and see what happens when I boot.

Solution
that cable is the power cable for the drives. they are usually chained together this way. no problem at all.

the other smaller cable is the data cable which is one per drive. it's all the way it should be :)

you can unplug the data cable from each or the power from each. either way will render them "unplugged" for your testing needs.

Math Geek

Titan
Ambassador
that cable is the power cable for the drives. they are usually chained together this way. no problem at all.

the other smaller cable is the data cable which is one per drive. it's all the way it should be :)

you can unplug the data cable from each or the power from each. either way will render them "unplugged" for your testing needs.

Solution