Question HDD became "Unallocated" after PC case-swap ?

Mar 5, 2023
I swapped cases and upgraded my psu and lost my Samsung 970pro m.2 boot (no biggie, had a backup and reinstalled to a intel 660p). I have a spinning hard drive that i keep all my steam stuff on and it went Unallocated in Disk Manager in windows.
I've got it loaded up on DMDE which seems to be the go-to software, but i'm not quite sure what i should be doing to try to get it back.
Here's what DMDE partition window looks like. (sorry about the imgur, couldn't figure out how to insert a picture).
View: https://imgur.com/a/db9Bdfj

Anyone help me get my game saves back?

My system
Ryzen 3900x
Asus X570-E

Mar 5, 2023
the game saves are usually saved in the cloud and not only locally

the free edition of DMDE can only restore files, not whole folders or partitions
try EaseUS Partition Recovery
Yeah, i figured i'd give it a go at trying to recover before i re-download all my game files.

Easeus partition recovery found the missing partition but was behind an $80 paywall.

Any idea what happened during this case swap? I mean other than the aesthetics change, i upgraded my power supply from a evga 550 bronze to an evga 650 gold and re-applied thermal paste to the cpu during the case swap. Never had something like this happen before.

The free edition of DMDE will restore your partition. It will also allow you to recover up to 4000 files from any one folder per run.

Highlight the Steam partition.

Click Advanced. An Insert box will appear.

Click Insert and answer OK to all the prompts.

Reboot so that Windows will re-examine the file system and mount the drive.

Last edited:
Mar 5, 2023
The free edition of DMDE will restore your partition. It will also allow you to recover up to 4000 files from any one folder per run.

Highlight the Steam partition.

Click Advanced. An Insert box will appear.

Click Insert and answer OK to all the prompts.

Reboot so that Windows will re-examine the file system and mount the drive.
Thanks.

Any idea what happened? In my research i saw it mentioned it may have been a Ryzen issue?