[SOLVED] HDD being recognized as SSD

Aug 29, 2019
I bought a second hand lenovo ideapad 330s-15ikb and it has a 1TB WD + 16GB intel optain. But currently I only have access to 250gb.
I looked in device manager and the drive was shown as an SSD so I uninstalled the driver and now it correctly shows the drive's model.
I tried everything to access the rest of the HDD but nothing works. There's no unallocated space in Disk management and I can't even see the lost space when trying to install a new windows from a usb.

Solution
  1. Physical eyeball inspection. Used system, no telling what is in there.
  2. Please show us a screencap of your Disk Management window
  3. For any used system, you personally need to do a full wipe and reinstall of the OS. Before you do anything else.

USAFRet

Titan
  1. Physical eyeball inspection. Used system, no telling what is in there.
  2. Please show us a screencap of your Disk Management window
  3. For any used system, you personally need to do a full wipe and reinstall of the OS. Before you do anything else.

Reactions: Farzan981
Solution
Aug 29, 2019
Open the HDD bay an verify that you actually have a 1TB drive in there. It sounds like someone replaced it with a 250GB SSD to me.
That's what I thought at first too but I opened the back lid and yes there is a WD blue 1Tb HDD in there and a 16 gb intel Optane.
This is just weird so I'm trying to recover lost partitions with easeus now.
If that didn't work I'll just wipe out the whole tbing and see if that fixes it.