HDD blinking constantly

Rafail_1

Commendable
Jul 5, 2016
Hello. My HDD led is blinking constantly. I don't have the slightest problem as far as performance goes but it is kind of irritating. I am not really sure if this is normal since I upgraded my Pc yesterday and installed an SSD with Windows 10 as my boot drive. Please advise.

Solution
When the OS has been recently installed you have more stuff happening in the background for a while. Things like search indexing would be crawling the drives and indexing files for faster search. You may also have other programs doing things like searching for photos or even updating music file metadata(I is an option in the built in groove music program that ships with 10)

Other tasks such as drive optimization may happen at night on some systems as well.

I would guess it will slow down after a while.
When the OS has been recently installed you have more stuff happening in the background for a while. Things like search indexing would be crawling the drives and indexing files for faster search. You may also have other programs doing things like searching for photos or even updating music file metadata(I is an option in the built in groove music program that ships with 10)

Other tasks such as drive optimization may happen at night on some systems as well.

I would guess it will slow down after a while.

Solution

Rafail_1

Commendable
Jul 5, 2016

Hopefully it will slow down. It's my first time building a PC myself and I guess I'm nervous about plugging something wrong. Thanks anyway.