[SOLVED] HDD broken??

jdc606

Commendable
May 22, 2020
i built a pc recently with a seagate barracuda 2.0 TB HDD that i had. i booted it and it loaded me into windows 10 and everything worked and was fine. i went to settings and recovery and cleared the hard drives files. after that finished my pc would boot infinitely into CRITICAL PROCESS DIED. and windows 10 installation media wouldn’t show up the HDD on custom installation. please help

Solution
yeah even though my drive is plugged in. I’m getting an SSD. not sure what to do with my ssd once i get it. i don’t want to mess it up because i tried another hdd and it still wouldn’t show up that hdd on the drives.
Try:
Different SATA cable
Different motherboard port

What specific SSD are you looking to get?
i built a pc recently with a seagate barracuda 2.0 TB HDD that i had. i booted it and it loaded me into windows 10 and everything worked and was fine. i went to settings and recovery and cleared the hard drives files. after that finished my pc would boot infinitely into CRITICAL PROCESS DIED. and windows 10 installation media wouldn’t show up the HDD on custom installation. please help
Just what files did you "clear", more than likely you just ruined windows.

USAFRet

Titan
New motherboard (system) and old drive+OS, and its not working?

Full wipe and reinstall.

jdc606

Commendable
May 22, 2020

Full wipe and reinstall.
thanks, i’ll try this and i’ll tell you if i have any luck.

jdc606

Commendable
May 22, 2020

Full wipe and reinstall.
yeah whenever i try booting it off the installation media it doesn’t go to it it just brings me to a recovery screen that i need to repair my pc.