[SOLVED] HDD cannot be formated?

mxritz

Honorable
Feb 2, 2019
Hey,

my HDD recently gave up on itsself and is not accessible anymore. I have literally tried everything I could do in order to save my data, but nothing seemed to be working.
Thus, I decided to format it via the disk manager, which also didn't work. Also, the HDD is not being detected when listing it using diskpart neither by any third-party software like EaseUS or Wisecare.
My only objective is to clean wipe it so it will hopefully work again. Any ideas on how I can achieve this?

HDD is an ST31000340NS

Thanks in advance :)

popatim

Titan
Try another drive that you know works with the same cables the hdd is using. If that drive works then you know your HDD is the issue.
If the HDD cannot be seen by software then you can forget about software recovery programs working. Your drive will need hardware repair. Sending it out for repair is very expensive. How valuable is your data?

mxritz

Honorable
Feb 2, 2019
Try another drive that you know works with the same cables the hdd is using. If that drive works then you know your HDD is the issue.
If the HDD cannot be seen by software then you can forget about software recovery programs working. Your drive will need hardware repair. Sending it out for repair is very expensive. How valuable is your data?
Thanks a lot for your effort, but I have already given up on it (going to buy a new one) , the data wasn't that valuable most of it was just game and backup data