[SOLVED] Hdd clarification

r_jackdaw

Reputable
Apr 6, 2019
Ive read and some watched some articles about pmr / smr / asmr drives and I have perfectly no idea about them.
is a good thing , bad thing or what?
how can I tell if my hard drive belong to which category?
which one / what are the things do I need to look for should I want to buy a new hdd?
what are the indications that I need look for , for me to tell if drive is going bad?

Ebzj-oHXQAIX3Q_
Ebzj-oGWAAAROCE
Ebzj-n_XgAApwS-

Last edited:
Solution
Not very hard to tell, you have one with a Caution so that is a good sign there is an issue with the drive.

Does not mean you need to replace it right away, that is what backups are for. Use the drive, if it fails replace it and restore from backup. Or contact the drive vendor support and see what their criteria for a warranty replacement is, do the same thing if they exchange it, restore from backup. If you don't have backups today is a good time to start.
Not very hard to tell, you have one with a Caution so that is a good sign there is an issue with the drive.

Does not mean you need to replace it right away, that is what backups are for. Use the drive, if it fails replace it and restore from backup. Or contact the drive vendor support and see what their criteria for a warranty replacement is, do the same thing if they exchange it, restore from backup. If you don't have backups today is a good time to start.

Solution