meth0d12345

Reputable
Oct 31, 2015
Guys pls i need help. I just got a new pc :

I5 4460
8GB RAM DDR3
B85M-D3V-a
And thosiba hdd 500 gb 7200

So when i first start pc without system there wasnt any noice. After i instal windows 7 64bit my hdd is always busy.It take realy long to open apps like google chrome.I can hear my HDD eaven when im in bios, Sound of HDD is writing/readin sound.

Hey there, meth0d12345!

Does it sound anything like these noises here: http://datacent.com/hard_drive_sounds.php ?
If yes, I'd strongly recommend you to backup your data from the HDD somewhere else ASAP and start doing some diagnostic tests on it. On your HDD manufacturer's website, you should be able to find such a utility that will help you determine the health and SMART status of the drive.
In case you don't, here's a thread with some good third-party suggestions: http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/forum/282651-32-best-diagnostic-testing-utility

I'd also suggest you to check the HDD placement inside the rig and make sure it is mounted properly. Changing the SATA cable might also do some good.

Keep us posted with the troubleshooting!
SuperSoph_WD

meth0d12345

Reputable
Oct 31, 2015
Well, it does not sound like these sounds. Sounds like when u open something and its writing/reading. Eaven on idle and there is cpu spikes from 0 to 10-12
%. I try few HDD utility there is no bad sectors SMART is ok. PC is strong enouf to handle everything eaven when im typing this HDD is making noise and HDD led is off on off on.
http://imgur.com/a/1VyQ9

meth0d12345

Reputable
Oct 31, 2015
One more thing like im now on FB and i open steam and there is so much noise and LED is constant for 5-6 sec there should not be that(its not just steam whatever i open)

Did you check the mounting of the drive inside your PC case? Make sure it is properly placed!
Another thing that might help as a last resort would be a clean install of the OS, it would require you to re-install absolutely everything. Hopefully, that will get your system to perform better.
Another thing you should try is plugging the HDD with a different SATA cable and reseating all the connections to it as well.

Let me know how it goes!
Good luck!
SuperSoph_WD

meth0d12345

Reputable
Oct 31, 2015
Its a custom pc but they connect all so i cant open case or i lose the guarantee, so its probably good place inside cuz they are good company in my country. I try reinstal same shit happend. But first time when i got this pc and start without windows it didnt make any sound so my guess it's system

Oh, I see, meth0d12345!

In this case, I'd strongly recommend you to get in touch with the company that manufactured that custom PC! Since it's still under warranty, they should provide you with assistance! If there's anything truly wrong with the HDD itself, you can RMA it and get a replacement from them.
IMHO, this is the best thing to do at the moment. Doing a clean install of the OS could rule out the software as a source of the issue! So I'd either do that, or contact the manufacturer's customer support.

Good luck!
SuperSoph_WD

Status
Not open for further replies.