[SOLVED] HDD corrupted and I can't fix it?

Dec 29, 2021
Hello all, I purchased a 2TB hard drive over a year ago and up until now, I had no issues with it. Recently, my games started acting wonky, and finally after trying to use Command Prompt, it gave out. Now, after looking to Seagate's FAQ, I reformatted my HDD and while it temporarily worked, the drive began to disappear when I was mid-installation of my games. When I try and view it on Disk Management, the PC freezes completely and my task bar along with all my applications disappear and my screen turns black. I can't even access the drive on file explorer. I can't install anything on it, and I'm really frustrated. Please help.

Dec 29, 2021
If you are having this much issue with the drive, you should look into replacing it entirely.
What exactly did you do with command prompt?
Even if you "fixed" it, would you trust it going forward?
The drive should still be under warranty.
I did a chkdsk and it wouldn't even complete the scan. I don't think I would trust it anymore to be honest. It still is under warranty, thanks for the suggestion! I just checked I sent an email regarding replacement.

Reactions: Gam3r01
Dec 29, 2021
Is this your primary or secondary drive?

If you ACTUALLY can't install anything on it, then I'd begin an RMA with Seagate if the drive is still under warranty.

It is my secondary drive, and I sent Seagate an email regarding replacement. Thank you.

SoumithCS

Reputable
Oct 6, 2020
Looks like drive is failing. It is either due to extreme reads and writes or the actuator might for damaged due to sudden power loss and damaged the platter. Still would suggest to get it replace by RMA.