• Pardon our dust as we work on some regularly scheduled forum maintenance. You may notice some missing features during this time. Thank you for your patience!

Question HDD detected only for a few moments

Ahmed Hussein 12

Reputable
Sep 28, 2014
Hello guys,

The whole thing started when I tried to disable bitlocker on my 1TB internal HDD 2.5'', it was taking so long that I tried to shut down, but the laptop didn't respond, so I left it overnight.
In the morning it was turned off, but when I started the laptop again, loading windows was extremely slow, eventually I bought another HDD, but now I want to save my data.
Using a USB-Sata adapter, the laptop recognizes the two partitions, but I can navigate through the first one extremely slowly (the other one is unaccessible), and this doesn't last long, before a small window appears "Turning off bitlocker 68%", and the partitions disapper immediately, although I still hear the normal HDD noise.
I have a lot of important data on this HDD, and I want to save as much data as I can, any advice woud be appreciated.

Thanks

Grobe

Distinguished
To be honest - it does sound like the hdd is about to die.
Any further attempts you do frome here may cause more damage to disk or filesystem corruption - or both.

If the data you have there is very important - thats bad, you proabably depend on a backup to revert those.

Or you can spend money to get a data recovery company to salvage your files.

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS