[SOLVED] HDD died overnight?

XNexis

Honorable
Aug 26, 2015
Hey, i think my HDD just died overnight... yesterday my PC ran normal and today i tried to boot it up but the PC was stuck at the BIOS screen with the BOOT Led up... i removed my HDD (so only my 2 SDD's were left) and the PC booted normally... i even tried using the SATA and Sata power connector from 1 of the ssd's for the HDD but that didn't work either.. is there any way to save that HDD?

Motherboard: ASUS B550-F Gaming WiFi

Solution
Tried chkdsk it says it failed because the disk is RAW. I can see it in windows now though… but still can’t access it.. the data is very important for me and the hdd is pretty old I think don’t know how old though.. I was literally gonna buy a new one because of that

Maybe you should stop forcing the HDD to work, leave it rest for a while (use an anti-static bag to wrap it).

If you computer has an USB 3.0 port, you should find a SATA to USB 3.0 adapter (with 12V power adapter) to connect the HDD to your computer, it could be a repetitive task so I won't recommend doing it directly in your computer.

XNexis

Honorable
Aug 26, 2015
Tried chkdsk it says it failed because the disk is RAW. I can see it in windows now though… but still can’t access it.. the data is very important for me and the hdd is pretty old I think don’t know how old though.. I was literally gonna buy a new one because of that

Maybe you should stop forcing the HDD to work, leave it rest for a while (use an anti-static bag to wrap it).

If you computer has an USB 3.0 port, you should find a SATA to USB 3.0 adapter (with 12V power adapter) to connect the HDD to your computer, it could be a repetitive task so I won't recommend doing it directly in your computer.

Solution