Question HDD disappears when its being used

Oct 3, 2020
Hello. I recently bought a SSD: Kingston SA400S37/240G (C: ) and I'm using it along with a Toshiba DT01ACA100 that has two partitions (D: and G: ).
Before the SSD i only had that Toshiba and had no problems. Since i have both, the HDD disappears when its being used.

I have Windows + 1 game on my SSD, i have old data on my HDD + games. Whenever i start to play games on the HDD, it will work for ~10 minutes, then it makes a shutdown-like sound and D: and G: disappears, causing the game and steam to freeze, then the whole pc will freeze when i click on either D: or G: in the file explorer to check what's going on. If i wait a bit, the D: and G: disappear.
When i start the pc C:, D: and G: is visible in ''My Computer'', and after the disappearance only C: is visible, D: and G: is nowhere and they can't be found in disk management or device manager.
Same thing happens when i install something on the HDD, or a game is auto-updating, D: and G: will just disappear.
When i restart the pc, the HDD is visible and accessible again, i can move some small files, or check folders without making it disappear.

I tried to download CrystalDiskInfo and HDSentinel to check on the HDD, but both says that its working fine, when it disappears nothing happens, they just show the SSD's status only.
I also disabled the ''turn off hard disk'' option in power settings.
I tried changing the SATA cables as well as trying out other SATA connectors. (GIGABYTE GA-B250M-D3H)
The HDD doesn't make any weird sounds, just a shutdown-like sound when it disappears.

Any ideas? Please help!

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

Did you reinstall the OS onto the SSD or did you clone the OS over to the SSD? Make and model of your motherboard? BIOS version for said motherboard? Version for Windows 10? Make and model of the PSU and it's age?

Better yet, list your specs. Please include your system's specs like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Case:

Oct 3, 2020
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

Did you reinstall the OS onto the SSD or did you clone the OS over to the SSD? Make and model of your motherboard? BIOS version for said motherboard? Version for Windows 10? Make and model of the PSU and it's age?

Better yet, list your specs. Please include your system's specs like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Case:
Hello, thanks for the reply.

A new Windows 10 was installed on the SSD.
CPU: Intel Core i5 7500 @ 3.40 GHz
Motherboard: Gigabyte B250M-D3H-CF rev. 1.0
RAM: CRUCIAL 8GB DDR4 CT8G4DFD8213
SSD: KINGSTON SA400S37/240G
HDD: TOSHIBA DT01ACA100
GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050Ti GP107 A1
BIOS version: American Megatrends F9b
Windows 10 version: Windows 10 Pro 1903
PSU: AKYGA Basic 600W AK-B1-600
Case: AIO Axis TMF03

SSD is ~2 months old, everything else is ~2 years old