Question Hdd disconnecting issue

Mar 24, 2020
Hello guys,
I am seeking help for a hdd problem that i am facing currently. 1.5 months back suddenly my electricity went out and after turning on my pc my hdd was connecting and disconnecting itself on its own. Like the partitions was opening and closing. I quickly went to the service center and was able to claim warranty. After that another day the same thing happened. After that it was fixed.But today suddenly it just disconnected and connected it self again. I dont know whats wrong cause i changed the sata cable. i changed the power connecter. i changed sata ports. i just dont know what to do know. Please help me.
HDD: Seagate barracuda 1tb 7200 rpm
SSD(boot drive): Sata 120 gb ramsta (i knw chinese brand)
MOBO: MSI B450 Mortar max
CPU: R5 3600
PSU:Antec vp 500p
RAM:8*2 3200mhz lpx vengenance
GPU: Zotac 1660 super

Lutfij

Titan
How old is the Antec PSU? Have you tried using a donor PSU that has more wattage than your system needs(and is reliably built) to rule out a PSU failing? You can move the HDD over to a donor system as well and see if the HDD exhibits the same disconnecting/reconnecting issue.

Reactions: Salad'meatball
Mar 24, 2020
How old is the Antec PSU? Have you tried using a donor PSU that has more wattage than your system needs(and is reliably built) to rule out a PSU failing? You can move the HDD over to a donor system as well and see if the HDD exhibits the same disconnecting/reconnecting issue.
The thing is that when i claimed the warranty they gave me a new hard drive and the psu was bought new in december 19 by me. The issue is that i am downloading a game right now to the hdd and the hdd is disconnecting on its own. And no i didnt swap to a donor system. This psu is just 80 plus certified and my system's power draw is around 380 watts.

Mar 24, 2020
@Lutfij i dug up this from the event viewer
1.WARNINGThe IO operation at logical block address 0x185b3270 for Disk 1 (PDO name: \Device\0000007c) was retried.
2.WARNING An error was detected on device \Device\Harddisk1\DR3 during a paging operation*5 TIMES
3.{Delayed Write Failed} Windows was unable to save all the data for the file D:\$Mft. The data has been lost. This error may be caused by a failure of your computer hardware or network connection. Please try to save this file elsewhere.*2 TIMES
4.Disk 1 has been surprise removed. ( DIDN'T EVEN TOUCH THE CONNECTORS OR OPEN MY CASING

Hope u can help me get somewhere with this info.