Hdd disk usage help

Jimmyboi24

Reputable
Jun 6, 2016
Hello wondering if anyone can help me.
My hdd disk is almost always at 100% I have disabled superfetch and windows search and also disabled all notifications but it still appears to keep bumping upto 100% whenever I try and open up a new program or try playing a game it causes me to get a big stutter in the game and make me lag down to 1FPS for a moment then it comes back for abit then does it again.

My pc specs are
I3-6100
MSI gaming carbon rgb pro
12gb ddr4 ram (4 GB x 3. ) Clocked at 2133mhz
Gtx 970 MSI gaming.
Windows 10.
1tb Samsung hdd 2.5 inch.
I believe it is 5400rpm but could be 7200rpm.

Thanks

Solution
Ok seem to of fixed the problem and was from my own stupidity. What I had done was went from an AMD build to Intel but still had some old AMD drivers on the PC so I wiped my entire hdd and re installed everything back and seem to now be running smoothly. And now I can tell why I was getting told to cross over to Intel for gaming :)
Thank you all for trying to help me though much appreciated
Hi there Jimmyboi24,

What is your OS?

If the drive or the connections are not failing, all of this is caused by the OS. Depending on the OS version, there are different possible causes and solutions.

In order to check whether this is a hardware related problem, you will need to:
- Test your drive: http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/forum/282651-32-best-diagnostic-testing-utility
- Attach it with different cables to another port.

Let me know how this goes,
D_Know_WD :)

EDab

Reputable
Oct 30, 2014
You can first use disk cleanup to clean up system files.
1. Search for Disk cleanup from the taskbar and select it from the list of results.
2. Under Files to delete, select the file types to get rid of. To get a description of the file type, select it.
3. Select OK.
If you need to free up more space, you can also delete system files:
4. In Disk cleanup, select Clean up system files.
5. Select the file types to get rid of. To get a description of the file type, select it.
6. Select OK.

Then you can use a Garbage Remover to scan useless files from Drive C and delete all of them for the purpose of releasing more free space to Drive C. For instance, hiberfil.sys, pagefile.sys, temporary files of application programs (in Windows\temp menu) and temporary files created by Browser like IE, Firefox, etc.

Jimmyboi24

Reputable
Jun 6, 2016
Ok seem to of fixed the problem and was from my own stupidity. What I had done was went from an AMD build to Intel but still had some old AMD drivers on the PC so I wiped my entire hdd and re installed everything back and seem to now be running smoothly. And now I can tell why I was getting told to cross over to Intel for gaming :)
Thank you all for trying to help me though much appreciated

Solution