[SOLVED] HDD doesnt get recognized after I put in NEW SSD (970)

Jan 17, 2021
Hey guys!

So I have a problem here.

I used to have an PC with an Samsung 850 EVO + HDD, but I wanted to upgrade my SSD.

Therefore I bought the 970 and took the 850 out and put the 970 in.

The problem now is that my HDD doesnt get recognized anymore. I also tried new cables but it didnt work (also an adapter)

So I googled a lot and found out that if you put in a M.2. SSD it "turns off" 2 Sata Slots.

So what can I do now to use my old HDD? There are a lot of Pictures, Videos and Uni stuff on it, which I really need.

(Btw: I am Using a Asus Rog Strix B-350F motherboard)

Thanks in advance!

Solution
Asus ROG Strix B350 Gaming

I'm seeing 6 SATA ports.

ixaHyFG.png
Hey guys!

So I have a problem here.

I used to have an PC with an Samsung 850 EVO + HDD, but I wanted to upgrade my SSD.

Therefore I bought the 970 and took the 850 out and put the 970 in.

The problem now is that my HDD doesnt get recognized anymore. I also tried new cables but it didnt work (also an adapter)

So I googled a lot and found out that if you put in a M.2. SSD it "turns off" 2 Sata Slots.

So what can I do now to use my old HDD? There are a lot of Pictures, Videos and Uni stuff on it, which I really need.

(Btw: I am Using a Asus Rog Strix B-350F motherboard)

Thanks in advance!
https://www.amazon.com/UGREEN-Cable-Adapter-Converter-Support/dp/B00MYU0EAU

USAFRet

Titan
Asus ROG Strix B350 Gaming

I'm seeing 6 SATA ports.

ixaHyFG.png

Solution
@USAFRet https://www.amazon.de/B350-F-Gaming-Mainboard-Speicher-Schnittstelle/dp/B072C6VPZJ?language=en_GB

@CountMike But do I have to use it as an external Disk or can I put it into the PC somewhere (so its "hidden")
Is it 2 things I have to order?
Yes, it's for external use although if you can find space for adapter you might be also be able to connect SATA power connector from PSU instead of external adapter. Even if you do all that, disk will still be treated as external.