Boss one 2010

Reputable
Sep 23, 2019
I ran HD Tune (but ran in 32) rather than 64 that is should have been. I had left Acronis running, Most bad sector were at the end of drive.
So for clarification, is the fail due to running 32 rather than 64 and is't false reading. How much effect did or does Acronis have in causing any interference...

Solution
64-bit applications only use a different RAM addressing mode and different instructions. It has no effect on the accuracy of the readings. Acronis (normally) shouldn't have interfered with them either, unless it was writing to the drive at the same location (down to the bit) and time as HD Tune. That chance is about 1 in 8 trillion for a 1TB drive. Let alone that happens multiple times in a single surface test. Your HDD is about to die unfortunately.

Lutfij

Titan
If your OS is 64bit, you should be running 64bit app's. I can't say much about interference in readings, though I am wonderin how old your drives might be...? You might want to run the 64bit version of the app to rule out any errors in readings.

MasterMadBones

Distinguished
64-bit applications only use a different RAM addressing mode and different instructions. It has no effect on the accuracy of the readings. Acronis (normally) shouldn't have interfered with them either, unless it was writing to the drive at the same location (down to the bit) and time as HD Tune. That chance is about 1 in 8 trillion for a 1TB drive. Let alone that happens multiple times in a single surface test. Your HDD is about to die unfortunately.

Solution