[SOLVED] Hdd giving problems

Thakur_4

Commendable
Aug 7, 2017
I have a wd green 1 tb hdd ( almost 2 years old ). All the wires are properly attached. But still it's giving very low read and write speed. Whenever i open a drive of its partition, it takes 5-10 seconds to open and while opening sub-folder too.
And sometime i get a notification of NEW VOLUME D:, E:, etc.
What should i do to fix this?

Solution
It seems hard drive has firmware/bad sector etc problem. I think may be you can’t fix it BY self.

FYI, this info from others topic

I would use HDDSuperClone or ddrescue to clone the drive, sector by sector. These tools understand how to work with bad heads or media.

HDDSuperTool has scripts to execute the "WD slow fix". This disables background tasks in the firmware, making the drive much more stable for cloning.
This “WD slow fix” may help your problem. Usual we use this way for data recovery only not repair. I think you may interesting to try with this way. Good luck!
May 9, 2019
It seems hard drive has firmware/bad sector etc problem. I think may be you can’t fix it BY self.

FYI, this info from others topic

I would use HDDSuperClone or ddrescue to clone the drive, sector by sector. These tools understand how to work with bad heads or media.

HDDSuperTool has scripts to execute the "WD slow fix". This disables background tasks in the firmware, making the drive much more stable for cloning.
This “WD slow fix” may help your problem. Usual we use this way for data recovery only not repair. I think you may interesting to try with this way. Good luck!

Solution