[SOLVED] HDD has become unbootable

Oct 15, 2020
So this happened around 3 weeks ago. My windows 10 didn't boot and it was giving me errors ,so I just i formatted the hard drive ( 250 gb ) . Afterwards tried to install the Outer worlds again but it was giving me some errors , by googling online I found that you had to run it on safe mode . After I booted in safe mode, windows couldn't boot anymore . I tried everything , gave up and formatted it again. But windows wasn't booting, it would halt after windows finished installation , and it would freeze on the windows boot logo. Just waiting solves nothing, untill after 30 minutes it showed a bright orange screen .

At that point you have to restart the PC and the cycle repeats itself. I know the problem isn't the version of windows I am using as I tried formatting the same drive with windows 7 , and an old xp I had laying around .Also the hard drive is recognized normally ,you just can't boot from it . So I thought the PC was done . Then tried formatting an old HDD I had ( 80 gb ) and it booted normally . Is there any part of the HDD that deals with booting that I have may corrupted somehow?
Thank you in advance

Solution
Considering 250GB HDD's aren't sold anymore for quite some years, I assume your HDD is kinda old. After many years of usage, it can start malfunctioning anytime.. sometimes they just die, or don't work anymore as they used to.
I don't think it's worth to bother with that old HDD.. just get new one.. for about 40 bucks (or even less?), you can get an 1TB HDD. Even better: you can get 240GB SSD for less that $40.
Just my opinion.
Considering 250GB HDD's aren't sold anymore for quite some years, I assume your HDD is kinda old. After many years of usage, it can start malfunctioning anytime.. sometimes they just die, or don't work anymore as they used to.
I don't think it's worth to bother with that old HDD.. just get new one.. for about 40 bucks (or even less?), you can get an 1TB HDD. Even better: you can get 240GB SSD for less that $40.
Just my opinion.

Solution