[SOLVED] HDD Has Disappeared in System

Jan 30, 2019
I just recently purchased a PC from CyberpowerPC, a Tracer III 15 Xtreme VR 400, and everything was working fine. The pc is a little over 24 hours old at the time of this post.

So last night I was using the computer normally and everything was working fine. I had recently installed Steam, Battle.net, Origin, and Uplay and I set up a bunch of games to install overnight. Everything was working fine until I woke up this morning and my internal hard drive was not showing up.
I immediately just thought it was a bug in the system, so I rebooted. Didnt work. I did that a few times with no result. Ive tried locating it with the Disk Management tool, that didnt work either(I even rescanned a few times). I went into the BIOS, reverted everything to default, and the HDD isnt even listed there, so I thought it was a hardware issue. So I take off the bottom plate of my laptop to investigate the connections tried various things. I unplugged it, turned it off and on, and plugged it back in. I did that a few times with no result.
The drive still works though, I can hear it spinning when I plug it back in, but it still doesnt show up in my system. So then I thought it was the actual connection to the motherboard, but the only way to get to that is to unscrew EVERYTHING to get to the underside of the motherboard, which I do not want to do.
I still think it is a software issue (because it was working fine the night before) and I hope its something I can fix at home. I really think it had something to do with my games installiung. Ive been waiting forever for this computer and I really dont want to send it back. Does anyone have any idea what the problem could be?

Specs: Tracer III 15 Xtreme VR 400
CPU: Intel Core Processor i7-8750H 2.20GHz Turbo 4.10GHz 9MB Cache Processor (Coffee Lake)
HD_M2SSD: 512GB Intel 660P SERIES PCIe NVMe M.2 SSD - Seq R/W: Up to 1500/1000 MB/s, Rnd R/W up to 90/220k (Single Drive)
HDD: 1 TB 7200RPM SATA300 Hard Drive [+65] (Single Drive)
MEMORY: 16GB (8GBx2) DDR4/2400MHz SODIMM Memory
MOTHERBOARD: Intel HM370 Chipset
VIDEO: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6GB GDDR5 (Pascal)

*UPDATE:* The drive has just shown up. Nothing has changed, its just back now... I have no clue how.

Solution
Often they will just send you a replacement drive to install yourself but with Cyberpower I don't know; Heck I thought they had a warranty co-payment or you had to ship the whole system back to them at your cost even for something easily replaced - like a harddrive. LoL
Jan 30, 2019

no but I can try to see about getting one. if I do this, and the drive works, would that mean faulty wiring?

popatim

Titan
Often they will just send you a replacement drive to install yourself but with Cyberpower I don't know; Heck I thought they had a warranty co-payment or you had to ship the whole system back to them at your cost even for something easily replaced - like a harddrive. LoL

Solution