[SOLVED] HDD health critical only on one PC

axw

Distinguished
Sep 27, 2013
Hi,
I have a Toshiba HDWD120 2TB HDD, using hdd sentinel to monitor health, on my media pc the health dropped and I got a warning it will fail.
Screenshot-6.jpg

I bought a new one and started to copy the data from my "failing" hdd to my new one using my main PC. I was suprised to see the health now as at 100%.
What does this mean? Is it still faulty? Or was it only an issue with my media PC's PSU maybe?
Screenshot-7.jpg

SMART Values: https://ibb.co/sV9tczN

Thanks in advance.

Solution
You look at the RAW values.

Reallocated Sectors=0
Reallocation Events=0
Current Pending Sectors=0
Uncorrectable Sectors=0
UltraDMA CRC errors=0

The Spin Retry count is 50000 which would be humongous 326k in decimal, which would be huge - BUT with Toshiba they use this field differently and report 2 different things on the one line . so 50000 becomes 0005 and 0000
You've had 5 spin retries total and 0 current retries (i'm not positive about the 0 being the current value)

So, in the end - there's not really anything wrong with your drive and HdSentinel just had a brain fart or something
there might have been some sort of read failure event...which could easily return in the future...; having a backup image of your drive is a good idea if you wish to continue using your current drive. If the failure never reappears, great. If it does, hopefully your data is safe.

I'd perhaps look at the drive's health status as indicated in CrystalDiskInfo...(pay particular attention to reallocated/bad sectors, etc; we can live with one, but, normally when these start, it is sometimes a quick downhill quickly thereafter...

popatim

Titan
You look at the RAW values.

Reallocated Sectors=0
Reallocation Events=0
Current Pending Sectors=0
Uncorrectable Sectors=0
UltraDMA CRC errors=0

The Spin Retry count is 50000 which would be humongous 326k in decimal, which would be huge - BUT with Toshiba they use this field differently and report 2 different things on the one line . so 50000 becomes 0005 and 0000
You've had 5 spin retries total and 0 current retries (i'm not positive about the 0 being the current value)

So, in the end - there's not really anything wrong with your drive and HdSentinel just had a brain fart or something

Solution