[SOLVED] Hdd is missing all files

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jack10525

Distinguished
Nov 8, 2016
I recently Installed a 2tb hdd in a desktop pc. It was a back up drive about half full. Now it shows as empty. I did not format the drive. It came in a case for use in back ups. I took it out of the case and installed it in the pc tower. Anyway to restore the files?

Solution
Ok I am not sure what happened but I removed the drive to bench test. Put it back in in a different Sata port on the mobo and all files are showing up. I guess it was just a bad connection. Thanks for all replies.
would definitely get to backing up any important files on that drive. this could be a sign of failing drive or bad SATA/power connectors.

Jack10525

Distinguished
Nov 8, 2016
I took the hdd out the pc tower and back in the drive case and it was still not showing any data. I am trying a data recovery tool. I've been building and fixing pc's for years and never had this happen before. If I put it back in the tower I will try to get a screenshot.

Jack10525

Distinguished
Nov 8, 2016
Ok I am not sure what happened but I removed the drive to bench test. Put it back in in a different Sata port on the mobo and all files are showing up. I guess it was just a bad connection. Thanks for all replies.

would definitely get to backing up any important files on that drive. this could be a sign of failing drive or bad SATA/power connectors.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.